Description
At least three families named Patterson have contributed significantly to Pictou's History. This John Patterson, the largest landowner of his time in the countryside, was popularly known as "Deacon" Patterson, and the location of what is traditionally his house between High and Faulkland Streets as Deacon Hill. Some historians thing that he is entitled to eb regarded as the Founder of Pictou. His house, sadly neglected today, is certainly the oldest surviving building in Pictou.
John Patterson's House 1788
- Type
- image
- Views
- 1,303
- Source
- Tara MacDonald; Community Memories Project
- Added
- Jun 3, 2015
- Contributed by
- Melanie MacKay
Related Documents
J.D.B Fraser letter from 1846
Another letter sent to J.D.B. Fraser from a S.L.
Desk
Butler's desk owned by Thomas McCulloch Circa 1810-12
Children Of Alexander & Annie MacKenzie
Marion And Janie
George Arthur McDonald
Arthur MacDonald
Marguerite MacKay Sutherland Photo Album
Esther Elizabeth, Pine Hill Student 1922 and a group children
Crichton Family Papers
Tax receipt