Description
The freestone house to the left, or west, is 78-80 Water Street (circa 1825), which was used orginially as a combined store and home, later housing the mercantle bank, and is now a gift/ antique and art shop. In the 1950s, it belonged to William H. Harris, the last of a long line of Harrises who, for 150 years or more held the office of High Sherif or Deputy Sheriff. The history of the other freestone house, 72-74 Water Street, dates back to 1824 or earlier.
Stone Houses on Water Street
- Type
- image
- Views
- 983
- Source
- Tara MacDonald; Community Memories Project
- Added
- Jun 3, 2015
- Contributed by
- Melanie MacKay
Related Documents
Desk
Butler's desk owned by Thomas McCulloch Circa 1810-12
Children Of Alexander & Annie MacKenzie
Marion And Janie
George Arthur McDonald
Arthur MacDonald
Marguerite MacKay Sutherland Photo Album
Esther Elizabeth, Pine Hill Student 1922 and a group children
Crichton Family Papers
Tax receipt
Salem Church Register 1864-1886
Baptisms