Description
Survey of land of Melford Farm on the east side of the West River in Durham. Made by J. Roy of New Glasgow, December 1888.
Map features the West River Road (east side) along the West River by the Durham bridge, along with the former road to Greenhill in the centre. William Matheson bought three plots of land (one from James Patterson and wife on Oct. 28, 1830, and one from Harris-Blackie on Oct. 13, 1818), which form to make the Melford farm lot. The lot borders thoses of Mrs. McDonald, William McDonald, and Thomas McDonald on the south; William Maxwell, Mrs. Roddick, and John Fraser on the north; John Fraser and Blaikie on the east; and the land of the school house and Durham Cemetery on the west.
Plan of Melford Farm
- Type
- image
- Views
- 1,021
- Added
- Jul 21, 2015
- Contributed by
- Susan Parker
Related Documents
J.D.B Fraser letter from 1846
Another letter sent to J.D.B. Fraser from a S.L.
Desk
Butler's desk owned by Thomas McCulloch Circa 1810-12
Children Of Alexander & Annie MacKenzie
Marion And Janie
George Arthur McDonald
Arthur MacDonald
Marguerite MacKay Sutherland Photo Album
Esther Elizabeth, Pine Hill Student 1922 and a group children
Crichton Family Papers
Tax receipt