Description
Postcard of the stone house in Lyons Brook, once owned by Robert Taylor. The house was originally part of the Mill Brook Farm left to John MacKenzie by his father in 1815. The stone for the home came from MacKenzie's own quarry and floated down Lyons Brook by barge. The home itself was built in 1834 by Alfred Hogg, an immigrant from Dumfriesshire.
Lyons Brook Stone House
- Type
- image
- Views
- 553
- Source
- Caroline Fraser
- Added
- Aug 13, 2021
- Contributed by
- Susan Parker
Related Documents
J.D.B Fraser letter from 1846
Another letter sent to J.D.B. Fraser from a S.L.
image
Fraser
letter
Desk
Butler's desk owned by Thomas McCulloch Circa 1810-12
image
pictou
desk
Children Of Alexander & Annie MacKenzie
Marion And Janie
image
Alexander MacKenzie
Dalhousie Mountain Cemetery
George Arthur McDonald
Arthur MacDonald
image
Arthur MacDonald
Arthur McDonald
Marguerite MacKay Sutherland Photo Album
Esther Elizabeth, Pine Hill Student 1922 and a group children
image
1922
students
Crichton Family Papers
Tax receipt
image
Creighton